Young Adult ADHD Coaching
Get on track, prioritize, stay motivated
A phase of life between adolescence and full-fledged adulthood, young adulthood is the period where young people no longer consider themselves to be adolescents but do not see themselves as adults in every respect.
If you are a parent with a son or daughter post high school or college age, you may see your young adult experiencing a variety of freedoms, with new opportunities and possibilities both personally and professionally. At the same time, it can be difficult for your son or daughter to find the right situation that fits with their sense of who they are and what they want in their life. Coupled with ADHD, getting started, staying on track, prioritizing and following through can be challenging.
If you are graduated high school, or are now in college and you live with ADHD, you are resilient and creative, which has supported you to succeed. Still, you may have experienced missed opportunities, which have led to disappointment, decreased your motivation, or reduced your self-esteem.
Does this sound like you or someone you love?
- I know what's important to me, but I'm not feeling motivated.
- I have plenty of time until it's running out and I'm scrambling against a deadline.
- I use a calendar but I have trouble keeping appointments.
- I started a new job and I can't find time for anything fun.
- I'm late paying my bills even though I have the money to pay them on time.
- It's overwhelming getting started on large projects.
- I feel like I'm always playing catch-up with the things I need to be doing.
Young Adult ADHD Coaching helps you focus on what you need today to move forward and start living the life you want. We work together to support you in seeing opportunities that honor what matters most to you, and to make deliberate choices to lead a balanced life. We determine your strengths and challenges in the context of your life -- based on what you CAN do rather than what you can't - and develop a game plan to get you where you want to be.
If you are a Young Adult, ADHD Coaching will help you to:
- Develop goals that match with your values and what matters most to you.
- Identify your strengths.
- Become more aware of how you work best.
- Design systems that work with your unique brain wiring.
- Improve problem-solving and confidence.
- Change your perspective when you feel stuck.
- Use time as one of your greatest resources.
- Design solutions for planning and organization.
- Recognize patterns and replace them with habits that support what matters most to you.
- Learn new ways to reduce your stress and and have fun.
Providing you with the opportunity to share your experiences, we explore strategies that align with your values to bring out the best in you to live the life you want.
As your coach, you can expect me to:
- Draw from my experience in education, coaching, and professional productivity and organizing.
- Listen patiently with a nonjudgmental ear.
- Guide you through decisions.
- Share knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
- Keep our sessions strictly confidential.
- Offer a fresh perspective on challenges and opportunities.
What clients say about Cheryl:
Cheryl helped me become more productive. I've been able to accomplish goals incrementally. Working with Cheryl helped me gain control, autonomy, and structure over my life. - Alan K