Increase motivation, ease conflicts, enhance family time
You see your spirited, bright child struggling with ADHD and related challenges, and you’re tired and drained from managing your child’s challenges. You feel like you’re constantly in crisis mode and you’re out of ideas. Even if you know what to do, it's like you're the warden in the family. You feel you have no time to take care of yourself, and it's just not fun anymore.
You keep trying new systems but nothing seems to work. You may judge yourself for your child’s poor behavior. You feel you have no time to take care of yourself, and besides all the work-time you're missing managing your demanding family life, it's just not fun anymore.
I felt this way too. That’s why I help other parents who are going through what I went through with my kids myself. Our children don't mean to frustrate us, yet it can be a struggle to respond to them in a way that creates change. We feel isolated because family, friends, teachers, and strangers may not understand our challenges.
You don't have to feel stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, challenged, isolated, and drained as a parent.
Kids with ADHD and related challenges are complicating, and you’ve experienced that traditional parenting methods don’t always work for your kids. You want information that’s not overwhelming but useful that you can put into practice right away.
Parent Coaching helps you stop worrying and start managing. You develop personalized strategies and tools to manage the ADHD in your family. Reinforcing your strengths, you stop judging yourself for mistakes and you become a confident part of the solution. You learn tools to help your child be accountable, and accept personal responsibility. You reconnect with what's important to you and stop putting yourself last.
Does this sound like you?
- I'm exhausted before I get out of bed. Mornings are mayhem.
- Brushing teeth is a losing battle.
- My daughter forgets her stuff every day. I'm bringing her books, lunch, homework to school constantly.
- Afternoon homework time feels like mornings all over again.
- He sits around all day playing video games. What can I do to engage him?
- How can I manage the constant meltdowns?
- I can't get her to help out with household chores.
- My daughter feels I’m critical of everything she does.
- Why can’t he just to listen to me?
- No one told me this was going to be so hard. It’s just not fun anymore.
Parent coaching is a combination of training and coaching that helps you make personalized strategies work in your family. You hold the vision for your children to become independent, confident and believe in themselves. You get clarity you apply to your life right away, create the change you want, and rediscover the joy of family life.
At the same time, you discover strategies you can apply to many facets of your life. You find you improve your other relationships too, and your life is more satisfying and effective overall.
As your coach, I understand ADHD, its related challenges, and the overwhelming issues you face parenting your unique, complex child. Adapting a coach approach to parenting, you experience the benefits of effective communication with your children that helps you help them develop resilience, problem-solve, and overcome obastacles.
A coach-like approach with your kids will help you to:
- Communicate effectively and ease conflicts.
- Give your kids support and structure.
- Identify their strengths and motivations.
- Help them accept personal responsibility and independence.
- Teach them to ask for help.
- Improve problem-solving and flexibility.
- Move from judgment to understanding.
- Enhance family time management, planning and organization.
The coach approach for parenting helps you manage the reality of ADHD. It gives you tools for creating calm out of the chaos, and empowers you to make a difference in your child's life. You get targeted support and guidance that you can apply to your life right away to help you get back the excitement and joy of being a parent.
Try to see your child as a seed that came in a packet without a label. Your job is to provide the right environment and nutrients and to pull the weeds. You can't decide what kind of flower you'll get or in which season it will bloom. – A modern educator, In The Blessing of A Skinned Knee, Wendy Mogel