Brain Health Coaching
Strengthen memory, improve concentration, boost performance
Are you having lingering health problems long after you’ve recovered from an illness or injury?
Are you feeling lasting and persistent effects that are causing you to experience life very differently now?
Do you struggle with holding onto important details in conversations? Do you make a mental list for the grocery store, but then lose the list and blank out on what you need? Do you walk into a room and forget why you're there?
Neurological problems can have you experiencing headaches, difficulty concentrating, unabating fatigue, insomnia, loss of memory, and brain fog.
Long periods of isolation after an illness, injury, grief, stress from job loss, and financial difficulties can leave you with the haunting experience that your life has been turned upside down.
Brain Health Coaching is a partnership that helps you live a more effective and satisfying life, through attention training, memory training, and executive functioning training, such as planning, organizing, initiating tasks, solving problems, anticipating consequences, and monitoring performance.
Does this sound like you or someone you love?
- I’m so tired I can’t think clearly.
- I can’t even concentrate enough to watch TV.
- I feel forgetful and confused.
- I don’t remember what I have to do.
- Planning and goal setting doesn't feel possible for me. I just don’t know what I’m going to feel up to doing each day.
- I’m not as sharp as I used to be. I’m having trouble keeping up at work.
- I struggle with keeping up with conversations and forget what I wanted to say.
- It takes me forever to complete the smallest task and stay organized.
- Even though I’m so tired, I have trouble sleeping.
- Sometimes I feel like I’m getting better, and then I relapse and get really discouraged.
Brain Health Coaching helps you focus on what you need today to move forward and start living the life you want. By deepening your learning and improving your performance, you learn as much as you can about your unique brain without it being overwhelming.
We work together so you can stick to healthy habits and keep your brain vital and active. Providing you with the opportunity to share your experiences, we explore strategies that align with your values to bring out the best in you to live the life you want.
Brain Health Coaching will help you to:
- Learn new ways to work with your memory
- Respond adaptively to manipulate and access information
- Improve attention and concentration
- Change your perspective when you feel stuck
- Problem-solve and prioritize tasks that are most important to you
- Use your strengths to transform your actions
- Identify triggers that control your responses
- Appreciate that self-care is not being selfish
- Deepen your awareness that leads to your best options for success.
- Design systems that work with your unique brain wiring.
- Improve problem-solving and confidence.
- Use time as one of your greatest resources.
- Design solutions for planning and organization.
- Recognize patterns and replace them with habits that support what matters most to you.
- Learn new ways to reduce your stress and have fun.
Together we determine your strengths, challenges, and capabilities in the context of your life -- based on what you CAN do rather than what you can't - and develop a game plan to get you where you want to be. The coaching process is individualized and focuses on action.
You get clarity in choosing the next steps to boost memory, recall, and retrieval, while you consistently build new patterns and routines. You get the support that guides you in creating a more fulfilling life with less stress and more joy.
As your coach, you can expect me to:
- Draw from my experience in education and how the brain works, coaching, and productivity.
- Listen patiently with a nonjudgmental ear.
- Guide you through decisions.
- Share knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
- Keep our sessions strictly confidential.
- Offer a fresh perspective on challenges and opportunities.
What clients say about Cheryl:
I now have the tools to assess for myself what works and what doesn’t, and why… My coaching sessions with Cheryl helped me to see why I was struggling, and what I could be doing differently. She’s nonjudgmental, compassionate, and, insightful. - Lena Lazar