As a mother of three grown children who have learning disabilities, including two identified as also having Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and anxiety, I understand the perplexing challenges of living with chronic disorganization and distractibility, and of parenting emerging adults with special needs and gifts.
When our children are diagnosed with a learning difference or ADHD, we may recognize our own all too familiar patterns in ourselves. We may struggle with keeping up with the demands of our family and our jobs and in taking care of ourselves.
My passion is to support people with brain based conditions so that they embrace their unique strengths, recognize their opportunities, and build their resilience. I believe that we all have our own answers deep within, and given support and a chance to explore, we can make changes to achieve the life we want.
With my professional background in, ADHD Coaching, Organizer Coaching, Coaching Emerging Adults, and Parent Coaching, I have had many years of experience as an educational therapist supporting children and adults who live with chronic disorganization and distractibility. My combination of parent, educator and professional organizer experience enables me to work from a unique position of empathy and understanding.
- MA., Special Education, Learning Disabilities, California State University, Northridge
- MBA, The University of Texas at Austin
- BA, The University of Texas at Austin, Phi Beta Kappa
- Certified Professional Organizer Coach, ICF Accredited Coach Approach for Organizers™
- Certified Professional Educator, Social/Emotional Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Learning Behavioral Specialist, Illinois
- Professional Educational Therapist
- ADHD, Chronic Disorganization and Time Management Certificates, Institute of Challenging Disorganization
- Professional Organizer, National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals
- Parent2Parent Training™, Children and Adults with Attention Disorder (CHADD)
- Seeing My Time Certification, Executive Functioning Success™
- Member, Children and Adults with Attention Disorder
- Member, Association of Educational Therapists
- Member, International Coach Federation
- Member, ADHD Coaches Association
- Member, National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals, Coaching Special Interest Group
Honors and Awards:
- Torch of Gold, For Service to Youth with Disabilities, Northeast Illinois Council, Boy Scouts of America, 2017
- District Award of Merit, For Service to Youth, Potawatomi District, Northeast Council, Boy Scouts of America, 2017
- Phi Beta Kappa, National Chapter, Lifetime Member
A Little more About Me
In my free time, I volunteer for Selah Freedom, a national organization that offers prevention, outreach and safe housing to survivors of human trafficking. It is my passion and privilege to support these wonderful and determined survivors discover who they are, set goals and re-launch their lives.
As an outdoors enthusiast, I love to canoe, backpack, swim, and hike. I believe that getting outside fuels our spirits. I am also a devoted dog mom.
Contact me for a free consultation by phone, online or in person.