Emerging Adult Coaching
Get on track, prioritize, stay motivated
A phase of life between adolescence and full-fledged adulthood, emerging adulthood is the period where young people no longer consider themselves to be adolescents but do not see themselves as adults in every respect.
If you are an emerging adult, you may be experiencing a variety of freedoms, with new opportunities and possibilities both personally and professionally. At the same time, it can be challenging to find the right situation that fits with your sense of who you are and what you want in your life. You may have experienced missed opportunities, which have led to disappointment and failure, decreased your motivation or reduced your self-esteem. You may have some challenges making some critical decisions, taking on new situations and responsibilities, and being financially self-sufficient.
Does this sound like you?
- I know what's important to me, but I'm not feeling motivated.
- I have plenty of time until it's running out and I'm scrambling against a deadline.
- I use a calendar but I have trouble keeping appointments.
- I started a new job and I can't find time for anything fun.
- I'm late paying my bills even though I have the money to pay them on time.
- It's overwhelming getting started on large projects.
- I feel like I'm always playing catch-up with the things I need to be doing.
Coaching helps you focus on what you need today to move forward and start living the life you want. We work together to support you in seeing opportunities that honor what matters most to you, and to make deliberate choices to lead a balanced life.
If you are an Emerging Adult, Coaching will help you to:
- Develop goals that match with your values and what matters most to you.
- Identify your strengths and optimal learning styles.
- Become more aware of how you work best.
- Learn budgeting techniques that correspond to your needs.
- Design systems that work with your unique brain wiring.
- Improve problem-solving.
- Change your perspective when you feel stuck.
- Use time as one of your greatest resources.
- Design solutions for planning and organization.
- Recognize patterns and replace them with habits that support what matters most to you.
- Learn new ways to work with procrastination, perfectionism and staying on task.
Providing you with the opportunity to share your experiences, we work together to support you to find your own best answers. We explore strategies that align with your values to bring out the best in you to live a self-sufficient life.
As your coach, you can expect me to:
- Draw from my experience in education, coaching, and professional productivity and organizing.
- Listen patiently with a nonjudgmental ear.
- Guide you through decisions.
- Share knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
- Keep our sessions strictly confidential.
- Offer a fresh perspective on challenges and opportunities.
Press On. Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and Determination alone are Omnipotent.
– Calvin Coolidge