Adult ADHD Coaching
Set priorities, control emotions, improve memory
ADHD is a neurobehavioral condition that involves challenges such as inattentiveness, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. Many people with ADHD have difficulty managing their emotions, enduring frustration, planning and managing goals, and being flexible. They feel misunderstood, labeled as unmotivated or lazy, but this is a flawed perception. People with ADHD have many strengths, such as being creative, innovative and entrepreneurial. At the same time, they often feel overwhelmed by expectations and responsibilities.
Does this sound like you or someone you love?
- I have a lot of creative ideas, but my racing thoughts shut me down.
- My mind wanders to more interesting things than what I need to be doing.
- I’m overwhelmed by the chaos in my life. I feel out of control.
- I put off long-term projects and goals until the deadline is looming.
- I can over-focus and get stuck, making it difficult for me to move forward.
- I’m afraid of making a mistake. It can be difficult to make decisions that are important to me.
- I want more control my over my time.
- I need to balance things like family responsibilities, work and fun.
- I have so many important things I need to do. I have trouble prioritizing.
- I think I may have ADHD. I know what I have to do, but I get stuck on how to get things done.
ADHD Coaching is a partnership that can help you live a more effective and satisfying life, by deepening your learning and improving your performance. As your coach, I support you in making changes that align with your individual values and needs and your unique brain wiring. You’ll get clarity in choosing next steps to build new and productive habits.
ADHD Coaching helps you to:
- Recognize that your challenges with ADHD are not personal shortcomings.
- Appreciate your strengths and transform your actions.
- Understand your own brain wiring.
- Change your perspective when you feel stuck.
- Learn new ways to work with procrastination, perfectionism and staying on task.
- Identify triggers to control your responses.
- Take charge to act instead of reacting.
- Develop new ways to improve your memory
- Prioritize, plan and act on what's most important to you.
- Deepen your self-awareness and look for options that lead to success.
The coaching process is individualized and focuses on action. We identify clear goals that match what is most important to you, and build on your unique strengths and skills. Together we design systems and strategies that work best for you to assist you in maintaining lasting change.
As your coach, you can expect me to:
- Draw from my experience in education, coaching, and professional productivity and organizing.
- Listen patiently with a nonjudgmental ear.
- Guide you through decisions.
- Share knowledge to help you move forward with confidence.
- Keep our sessions strictly confidential.
- Offer a fresh perspective on challenges and opportunities.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. – Mahatma Gandhi